Horseshoe Bay Living!
Horseshoe Bay is located at  It is located in primarily in Llano County and extends eastward into Burnet County, on the southern shore of Lake Lyndon B. Johnson. It is about 28 miles (45 km) southeast of Llano and 51 miles (82 km) northwest of downtown Austin.(30.544814, -98.368428).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 11.6 square miles (30.1 km2), of which 11.4 square miles (29.5 km2) is land and 0.23 square miles (0.6 km2), or 1.83%, is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,337 people, 1,623 households, and 1,186 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 142.8 people per square mile (55.1/km2). There were 2,773 housing units at an average density of 118.7/sq mi (45.8/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 96.22% White, 0.33% African American, 0.24% Native American, 0.78% Asian, 1.47% from other races, and 0.96% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.29% of the population.
There were 1,623 households out of which 11.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.5% were married couples living together, 2.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.9% were non-families. 24.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.06 and the average family size was 2.37.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 10.6% under the age of 18, 3.4% from 18 to 24, 15.0% from 25 to 44, 36.2% from 45 to 64, and 34.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 58 years. For every 100 females there were 95.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.7 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $54,073, and the median income for a family was $65,324. Males had a median income of $39,375 versus $23,019 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $36,254. About 5.8% of families and 6.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.2% of those under age 18 and 4.7% of those age 65 or over.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Horseshoe Bay has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Boundary Changes". Geographic Change Notes: Texas. Population Division, United States Census Bureau. 2006-05-19. Archived from the original on 2006-02-06. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- http://2010.census.gov/2010census/popmap/ipmtext.php?fl=48:4834862[permanent dead link]
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Horseshoe Bay city, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- Climate Summary for Horseshoe Bay, Texas
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) of the Central Hill Country Board of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service (CHCBRMLS). The CHCBR IDX logo indicates listings of other real estate firms that are identified in the detailed listing information. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information herein is deemed reliable but not guaranteed, representations are approximate, individual verifications are recommended. Copyright 2018 Central Hill Country Board of REALTORS®. All rights reserved.
Updated: 16th June, 2019 1:11 AM.
Listing information provided courtesy of the San Antonio Board of Realtors. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Updated: 16th June, 2019 1:18 AM.